Saturday, November 19, 2022

Despite Popular Demand

I didn't watch the Petulant Peach's announcement Tuesday night. I mean, of course, I knew he was going to run again for the office of President; his ego will not allow him to concede that he lost in 2020. And I would've learned nothing new by listening to him though I did learn a word the day after his speech that belled the cat, recrudescence. It's a word from the 17th century meaning the return of something unpleasant after a period of relief. Bingo (or Donald).

I'm still struggling with the fact that he promised us when/if he lost, we'd never hear from him again, And yet what happened? We've heard from him practically every God damn day since. I mean, some of us suffer in silence. Why couldn't Trump have tried it, too? 

I was hoping folks from the Department of Justice would walk right up to the dais and slap the cuffs on him right then and there and then frog march him off the stage and into a police car. 

That the response, so far to his announcement, has been underwhelming means nothing. Huge numbers of those 'in the know' thought he was a joke as he rode down the escalator in the Trump Tower to announce the last time and look at what a car crash that turned out it be. 

 

He's sort of like syphilis on the body politic and no amount of of antibiotic will cure us. How can we miss him if he never goes away?
-bill kenny

 

No comments:

Marlin Perkins Approved

John Lennon had a hit, post-Beatles, with Whatever Gets You Through the Night , his only #1 as a solo artist, which featured Elton John. The...