Sunday, November 13, 2022

Java Jive

I don't remember who it was, but at some point in the recent past, an instant coffee maker advertised that its coffee was freeze-dried before they stuck it in the glass jars and shipped it to the grocer.  

I dimly recall drinking it for some period of time because when you get up at 0300 for work basically six days a week, you have to reach some point more or less in the middle of the morning before you're awake enough to actually appreciate freshly brewed coffee from beans. 

Having had the freeze-dried stuff, I found this story on deep-fried coffee vaguely appealing. 

Not enough to try it, mind you, but interesting enough to watch as I let my cuppa grow cold.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Marlin Perkins Approved

John Lennon had a hit, post-Beatles, with Whatever Gets You Through the Night , his only #1 as a solo artist, which featured Elton John. The...