Friday, December 23, 2022

Because We Can?

The fine folks at Guinness World Records keep track of every kind of unique and astounding achievement, though no matter how thorough they are, they never answer the most critical question for me: WHY?  

The person with the most video games? Got it.

Most hula hoops spun simultaneously (not in aggregate). Here you go.

If you're looking for records, you'll find them albeit without context. So what do I make of a once-a-year event underground in Oslo, Norway where people run for twenty-four hours straight?

If ever there was an attempt that screams at the top of its lungs to be asked WHY this is it and Göran Winblad is the one doing the asking.

Tuning up for Everest and K2? I guess I shouldn't ask the question if I can't stand the answer.

"We watched the power fall inside the Olso hall. While all the cold Norwegians cried. Who could say what was left and where was right? By the way, I could play the blues all night."
-bill kenny

No comments:

Choosing Cancer or Polio

There’s a big to-do right now about the movie, “Civil War” described as ‘A journey across a dystopian future America, following a team of mi...