Tuesday, December 27, 2022

This One Goes Out to All the Redneck Mothers

Not that long ago, I was getting regular gasoline for our Subaru Forester (which gets about 28 miles to a gallon I'm reckoning), and the guy across the pump island was filling his Ford, or perhaps Dodge (it was too big for me to get a surreptitious look at its nameplate) with high test while bitching at nearly the top of his lungs about the cost of fuel. 

The truck looked gorgeous and brand-new and was quite frankly large enough to have its own zip code and, as a factory option, two guys walking in front and behind it with red pennants with a helicopter landing pad somewhere on the tailgate. I've looked at the sticker prices on lots for new trucks. Just a whole lot of zeroes as I recall.    

And don't be fooled by the lull in petroleum prices, gas prices will go back up and so will the volume and velocity of lamentations about the price at the pump and the other thing that will keep going up? Sales of trucks, the bigger the better. 

Don't take my word for it.

C'mon, together with feeling, "M is for the mudflaps you give me for my pickup truck."
-bill kenny

No comments:

Choosing Cancer or Polio

There’s a big to-do right now about the movie, “Civil War” described as ‘A journey across a dystopian future America, following a team of mi...