Sunday, March 5, 2023

Do I Hear 311?

I'm not talking about the citizens' hotline, I'm talking about decibels. And why, you ask, to which I respond HUH? because decades after I stopped attending rock and roll concerts, because of the decades that I did, there are times when my hearing seems to fade in and out. 

The loudest band I've ever heard was Motorhead in Darmstadt's Böllenfalltor Stadion (now called Merck-Stadion am Böllenfalltor) and while I'm no longer sure, I believe they were so loud that day the volume knocked birds out of the sky. 

Anyway. As it turns out, they might have been my loudest experience but it was just a piffle in comparison to what's regarded as the World's Loudest Sound
-bill kenny

No comments:

Marlin Perkins Approved

John Lennon had a hit, post-Beatles, with Whatever Gets You Through the Night , his only #1 as a solo artist, which featured Elton John. The...