Thursday, March 2, 2023

Is the 'S' on Your Cape a Little Frayed?

Somewhere my father is smiling, admittedly NOT something he did large amounts of in or because of my presence while we shared this plot of earth together. 

He had lots of stories, or more exactly excerpts of stories, he told about growing up whose whole point seemed to me, a kid who was not a fan of his from the moment I arrived, to hear him tell it, to underscore just how crappy everything me and my generation were doing was fated to turn out and thus by extension how shit everything after that was going to be.   

With some luck, I'll turn seventy-one near the end of next month (Dad didn't live to see his 58th birthday) and for all the miracles and wonders I've lived to see and sort of enjoy, I have to admit, he's got a point. Entropy is the order of the day and the way of the world.
It's not a conspiracy, it just is

The silver lining in this cloud of mediocrity?
In the future, today will be remembered as perfect. You read it here first.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Marlin Perkins Approved

John Lennon had a hit, post-Beatles, with Whatever Gets You Through the Night , his only #1 as a solo artist, which featured Elton John. The...