Monday, March 20, 2023

When One Flower Blooms....

Spring starts on the East Coast at 5:24 this afternoon and even though it comprises, technically less than twelve hours of today, I will think of this as our first day of Spring, just not our first FULL day of Spring. Sue me, but the line forms back there. 

No matter its length and the weather (or not) that accompanies it, I fully intend to enjoy it, hopefully short of bodily harm.

Many years ago when we rented an apartment in the house we were to eventually buy, my wife planted a fantastic variety (and quantity) of different kinds of flowers, annuals, perennials, bicentennials, etc. And then landscapers the house's owners hired showed up and covered everything she'd planted with I-don't-honestly-know-what but as a result, all of her flowers disappeared.

Well, as they tend to annually remind us almost all. On the left side of the house, as you face the street, where there's sun most of the day from early until late, flowers from the original bunch I'm sure still appear.




I suppose it could be defiance or habit. But I prefer to see it as a statement of hopefulness.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Marlin Perkins Approved

John Lennon had a hit, post-Beatles, with Whatever Gets You Through the Night , his only #1 as a solo artist, which featured Elton John. The...