Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Old Rivers Grow Wilder Everyday

When I was a kid I didn't know anyone at the age I am now. Seriously. We were around my mom's parents a lot and I couldn't tell you how old they were (except 'really old') without grasping the concept of age. 

I once asked our mom if she was around for the Battles of the Blues and Greys (Civil War) because I was really interested in the Civil War but the time-space continuum concept hadn't fully seated itself in my noggin, seemingly.  

I mention any and all of that because despite the ugly mug that stares back at me every morning in the mirror with a combination of dismay and despair I can't improve or alter in any way, I don't see myself as an old person even though I am.

And I'm not alone. 

The Red, White, and Blue are going gray and where my parents, and yours, wed for a lifetime, the new media buzzword is gray divorce. Having spent many years convinced I was unloveable, and then (miraculously) having found the love of my life I read and re-read the article because let's face it, life is hard and even harder when you're by yourself. 

Yes, I understand how everything that's put together can fall apart, but matters of the heart are always best when viewed as pairs and in perpetuity.
Loneliness isn't the same as being alone, but it is worse. Far worse.
-bill kenny   

No comments:

Marlin Perkins Approved

John Lennon had a hit, post-Beatles, with Whatever Gets You Through the Night , his only #1 as a solo artist, which featured Elton John. The...