Saturday, August 5, 2023

Says She Talks to Angels

I stopped scrolling the other day on the PBS website to read a story headlined, "Nearly 7 in 10 Americans Believe in Angels." Considering how fervently American Evangelicals embrace a serial philanderer, liar, and attempted insurrectionist in the person of former President and future felon Donald J (for Genius) Trump, I cannot claim to be surprised though I am disappointed.  

Reading that story in light of this one, from NBC News, "71% of GOP Voters Stand with Trump" I was struck with a quote that I suspect could be applied to both stories, "People are yearning for something greater than themselves."

Real or imagined, sekt oder Seltzers. Accept no substitutes, either ethereal or totally synthetic. Too often we get the heroes we deserve and then complain about them.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Ruminating about Roosevelt

I have some random and not especially original observations before Monday night’s Second Public Hearing on the City Budget.  Theodore Roosev...