Sunday, January 14, 2024

If a Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

I tell myself I'm a photographer because I take pictures (and LOTS of them) with my cell phone. That's like saying because I own a piano I'm a pianist (which I don't and I'm not). Or that all ducks are birds but not all birds are ducks if you follow the distinction and the difference.

My nearly lifelong friend Nat is a photographer (and he says it feels a lot longer than one lifetime; he's such a kidder) as is Drew. I take happy snaps by the bushel and sometimes one of them is a decent picture. 

And for just a moment I'll feel really good about my photo effort. And then I come across something as breathtaking as this and realize I am just kidding myself. 
-bill kenny

No comments:

Peanuts and Cracker Jack Sold Separately

Don't look now,  the Milwaukee Brewers and Tampa Bay (Devil) Rays are battling in the World Series. The two teams with the best records ...