Sunday, January 14, 2024

If a Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

I tell myself I'm a photographer because I take pictures (and LOTS of them) with my cell phone. That's like saying because I own a piano I'm a pianist (which I don't and I'm not). Or that all ducks are birds but not all birds are ducks if you follow the distinction and the difference.

My nearly lifelong friend Nat is a photographer (and he says it feels a lot longer than one lifetime; he's such a kidder) as is Drew. I take happy snaps by the bushel and sometimes one of them is a decent picture. 

And for just a moment I'll feel really good about my photo effort. And then I come across something as breathtaking as this and realize I am just kidding myself. 
-bill kenny

No comments:

A Legendary Rumor

Let's face it, there are  a lot of things we don't do well, for the most part, and while this isn't a complete list, it's a ...