Sunday, January 14, 2024

If a Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

I tell myself I'm a photographer because I take pictures (and LOTS of them) with my cell phone. That's like saying because I own a piano I'm a pianist (which I don't and I'm not). Or that all ducks are birds but not all birds are ducks if you follow the distinction and the difference.

My nearly lifelong friend Nat is a photographer (and he says it feels a lot longer than one lifetime; he's such a kidder) as is Drew. I take happy snaps by the bushel and sometimes one of them is a decent picture. 

And for just a moment I'll feel really good about my photo effort. And then I come across something as breathtaking as this and realize I am just kidding myself
-bill kenny

No comments:

Ruminating about Roosevelt

I have some random and not especially original observations before Monday night’s Second Public Hearing on the City Budget.  Theodore Roosev...