Thursday, January 4, 2024

Some Reading Material for the Road Not Taken

The hardest job I have ever had and the one I have loved above and beyond any other is being a father. In light of a very mixed record as a son, brother, and husband, I've no reason to expect that I have done any better as a parent of two now-adult-themselves children whom I continue to see as if they were still nine and four respectively. 

Our two are a son and a daughter who between them taught me more about life than I could have ever imagined existed and to this day still teach me, whether I am ready to learn or not. I smiled when I found this rather scholarly and yet sincere offering as the year was changing and wondered for a moment where it was when it might have done me some good. 

I think maybe I'm better off just letting my kids see if they might need it instead.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Ruminating about Roosevelt

I have some random and not especially original observations before Monday night’s Second Public Hearing on the City Budget.  Theodore Roosev...