Saturday, January 13, 2024

Marlin Perkins Meets Frank Zappa

I have more than my fair share of Frank Zappa albums though I will confess to never being sure how to regard him. I have acquaintances who see him as a musical genius and others who file his records with their comedy albums. 

Me? I've always thought he fit in well with my Lenny Bruce at Carnegie Hall and The Buttoned Down Mind of Bob Newhart. 

Anyway-I do enjoy Zappa in whatever form I feel like on whatever day I'm listening to him and will definitely be digging out some vinyl to listen to later after falling across this news item from United Press International, headlined: "Parks Canada urges drivers not to let moose lick their cars."   

"Dreamed I was an Eskimo
Frozen wind began to blow
Under my boots and around my toes
The frost that bit the ground below
And my mama cried
Watch out where the huskies go,
And don't you eat that yellow snow."
-bill kenny

No comments:

Ruminating about Roosevelt

I have some random and not especially original observations before Monday night’s Second Public Hearing on the City Budget.  Theodore Roosev...