Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Too Many ROMEOs

I read a large number of newspapers and periodicals online every day. 

I only subscribe to one daily newspaper that's delivered to the house and it's not the one I've had a relationship with for over a decade but the other one because it's a better newspaper, day in and day out.

Don't take my word for it. 

Figure out a way to circumvent the paywall if necessary (hint: use the 'incognito' feature on your browser) and prove it to yourself for this beautifully written hope-filled but still hopeless piece entitled, "In a Lonely Age, Older Adults Rely on Themselves to Find Happiness."

'You know that old trees just grow stronger
And old rivers grow wilder every day.
Old people just grow lonesome
Waiting for someone to say, "Hello in there, hello"'
-bill kenny

No comments:

Ruminating about Roosevelt

I have some random and not especially original observations before Monday night’s Second Public Hearing on the City Budget.  Theodore Roosev...