Sunday, March 3, 2024

Auto Biography

We have subscriptions to Acorn TV and Brit Box so I spend a lot of time watching television from beyond our shores. I love the settings, the plots, the accents, and, of course, the cars.  But I've always idly wondered why we and they drive on opposite sides of the road. (I've also wondered why French cars seem to all have yellow headlights but I've decided eating snails may affected their vision. Truth to tell I have no idea.)

But the Brits and us and steering wheels that's an entirely different kettle of fish. We should, I have learned, be blaming Conestoga wagons. Seriously.  

So, here's my question: When driving through the Chunnel, connecting Folkstone, United Kingdom with Coquelles, France, at what point do drivers change sides? Okay, trick question. And speaking of imponderables, do penguins have knees?
-bill kenny

No comments:

Candles on the Cake Set off the Smoke Alarm

I got congratulated a lot Friday for my birthday when it was really my mom who deserved all the credit. I was, literally, along for the ride...