Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Not All Super Heroes Wear Capes

For a winter that hasn't been especially ferocious in these parts, it has been savage enough when I look at passing faces, or even at my own in the mirror. Every corner turned seems to present a new unhappiness a whole new 'thoughts and prayers aren't going to fix this shit' moment and all you can do is flounder on and hope for a respite somewhere in the cacophony of chaos that seems to be enveloping us at every level. 



I used to pray for God to send me a Big Gesture but I've given up on prayer and know I'll settle for an appreciative nod and a smile. I don't know about you but I'm nearing the end of my rope and already know there's not enough still left to tie a knot in it and hang on a little more.
-bill kenny 

No comments:

Candles on the Cake Set off the Smoke Alarm

I got congratulated a lot Friday for my birthday when it was really my mom who deserved all the credit. I was, literally, along for the ride...