Friday, March 8, 2024

Fixing a Hole

I've heard them referred to as 'brain farts' or 'out of body experiences.' In German it's called 'putting Sundays on the calendar.' Those moments when you're here and then you're gone, right before your own eyes it seems. 

In more recent years we've often misapplied terms like Attention Deficit Disorder for something we called 'daydreaming' when we were kids. Aside from being inaccurate, it's incredibly cruel, perhaps explaining its continued popularity in some circles.  

But what if we're more complex than we ever realized. Not complicated, complex. There's a difference because there's a distinction. Situations, with apologies to Firesign Theatre, where 'your brain may not be the boss.'  

Salience and default mode network. Hard at work, or hardly working? Can't really tell.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Pack Your Own Chute

I have been pretty much a homebody since retirement six years ago. Sue me. I like to sleep in my own bed. That doesn't mean I'm aver...