Tuesday, October 29, 2024

Boo!

I tease the phlebotomist at the blood labs that 'I have a high tolerance for pain, other people's pain,' as I look away when she draws blood from my arm. 

At 72 and change, you'd think I'd be over my fear of the dark, but you would be very wrong. I don't like walking through dark rooms though walking outside at night doesn't bother me. Go figure. I was reassured recently that I'm not so special and unique when I came across an article on Why We Fear the Dark.

And since I tend to find myself awake from about one until four in the morning most mornings, I completely agree that those are truly the catastrophizing hours. Suggesting to me at least, if you talk in your sleep, don't sleep.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Grifters, Grafters, and Circus Clowns

We are having weather in my neck of the woods with the edges still on it. That is to say, in years (and decades) past, we'd have gradual...