Monday, June 30, 2014

At the Turn into the Second Half....

Maybe it's just me, but it doesn't seem that long ago that I was pushing the snow blower around at all hours of the day in a vain attempt to say ahead of the snow.

At the water's edge, facing into the Thames as it heads to The Sound.     
And when it wasn't showing, it was freezing. We had some of the coldest temperatures on record this past winter since they started keeping records. And this is New England so you know we have all those 'since George Washington slept here' kinds of note takers and plaque makers running round.

I love how the ducks have no fear for the people with whom they share the waterfront. 
And our start into the spring was more like a lurch as we had snow when we should have had crocuses (crocii? I'm never sure) and it just never felt like it would ever get green again.
Yantic Falls from the redoubt facing it. 
And now we're on the back nine of the summer of 2014. The Solstice done got your girl and gone and everyday the days get a little shorter. You can't really put your finger on it but you can feel it. And it's happening and we can't stop it.

I like when Howard T. Brown Park is filled with people enjoying themselves and one another.
But we can enjoy it. This weekend I played hooky from whatever it was I was supposed to do as a 62 year old. I slept until almost eight o'clock in the morning on Saturday, only because I had to get up and bring our old freezer to the dump and on Sunday very nearly until nine o'clock, because the dump is closed on Sundays.

The blue of the sky brings out the red of the brick in our City Hall 
And talk about sun! We had almost enough for my liking except at night when it got dark. I'm not such a  big fan of darkness when I'm goofing off. That's why I like the sun and the only thing I like more than the sun is even more sun.

I love the bricks of the Harbor Walkway.
All the photos you see here I took with my cell phone. Not the one I use to not make phone calls-I'm not even sure how the phone part of it works. I used the other phone the one whose camera I really like and that connects directly, somehow, to Google+ and a program it has called Auto Awesome and it is (you can tell which picture got that treatment).

I'd imagine a sermon on "Drinking" to be very informative, especially over wi-fi.
I am not a photographer. But I play one on the Internet. At least during the summer.

At the foot of Yantic Falls.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Let a Smile Be Your Umbrella

At seven-plus decades here on the Big Blue Marble, I am perhaps inordinately proud of having very nearly all my own teeth and hardly any cav...