Thursday, June 12, 2014

Gone Fishin' well, Not Exactly.....

The host, Brazil (ready or not), kicks it off, literally and figuratively against Croatia this afternoon at five and when the final match starts a month and a day from today, at 4 PM, I'm hoping it's USA vs Germany.

Quite frankly I'll settle for playing Brazil. Klinsi, I loved you as a player and as the German National coach and now ours, but I hope I'm right though I fear you are, but in any event very nearly all of the eyeballs of the entire  world will have seen some, part or all of World Cup 2014.

Our son got me a Chromecast doohickey for Christmas and I can watch every game in every division via the watchespn app on it, assuming (always ill-advised with me) that I know how to make that work. By means of comparison, I confess to difficulties with the toaster in the kitchen and I know where we keep the bread.

No pressure. I have until Monday night at seven o'clock when Team USA meets Ghana to sort it out.

I have a very deep and abiding love of baseball, with wooden bats (and no use for aluminum ones at all). I'm not now, nor shall I ever be, much more than politely interested in Major League Soccer but this is different, this is World Cup.


Sure hope no one makes it a ritual to play the unofficial USMNT 2014 song-or any of them by anyone else for that matter. Besides' who needs 'em?

Let's get going, guys-it's time to leave it all on the pitch.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Now and Zen

Our local supermarket, feeling the competitive pressure no doubt of an Arkansas retail chain in a business where profit margins often disapp...