Thursday, April 28, 2016

The Past Perfect Is Not Perfect

I gave up a long time ago believing anything I could type here, on a daily or otherwise basis would or could make a difference like that of gale force winds created halfway round the globe by the beating of a butterfly's wings. Nope, not even close. 

I realized all by myself long before anyone pointed out to me, I was attempting to empty an ocean of lunacy and bad behavior with a teaspoon.  As it turns out, the spoon is one of those cheapo plastic ones that tend to melt into nothingness as you use it to stir your coffee. And you thought that bold new flavor was the result of those fresh-roasted, fair-trade purchased and rainforest-grown coffee beans? Um, no, not exactly though you are cuter than a bug’s ears even though I have NO idea what that expression is supposed to mean.

So afraid are we, I fear, of what the future may bring, we remain rooted in our own past-music, arts, politics (take a look at what November is shaping up to be and tell me how it's better, not different) and entertainment. Somewhere Marty McFly has the hood open on the DeLorean and is working to regap the spark plugs and adjust the timing chain. When that happens, all I can conclude is nothing is different but everything’s changed
-bill kenny   

No comments:

A Childhood Memory

As a child at Saint Peter's (sic) School in New Brunswick, New Jersey, it was forcibly impressed upon us by the Sisters of Charity whose...