Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Like McCartney Needs the Royalties

I’m gonna hear it all day long today so I may as well mark this anniversary of my completed orbit around the sun with my second most favorite version. I get to do something I have never before done on my birthday which is to cast a ballot for someone I hope becomes our next President, in this case in the Democratic Party primary here in Connecticut for Senator Bernie Sanders

Thank you most especially to Mom and to Dad without whom…..well, this space might be better purposed but not nearly so whimsically. And to my siblings who to wildly varying degrees put up with a lot of crap that total strangers would and should have clubbed me to death about.  Glad we couldn’t afford a club membership.

To Sigrid who makes every day worth every effort and to our children Patrick and Michelle, thank you for letting me be your Dad. To Blue Cross/Blue Shield whose coverage makes my previous thank you possible if at times it seemed almost improbable.

To Doctors CC, DG, JM, ON, AN, and SV, your efforts very likely have resulted in my reaching this milestone, especially you, Adam, thank you most profusely.

Maybe next year, Evan
That’s it, there’s nothing else to see here and no cake, so move along.

-bill kenny  

No comments:

A Childhood Memory

As a child at Saint Peter's (sic) School in New Brunswick, New Jersey, it was forcibly impressed upon us by the Sisters of Charity whose...