Monday, April 11, 2016

We Are All Once and Future Children

I found what follows in a note one of our children sent me years ago. I saved it, I hope because I found it practical and inspirational for my life as I was living it at that time. In my eyes, it's as true now as it was then except for the part where it's even more true (truer?). 


"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. 

Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. 

We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
-bill kenny

No comments:

Hesitation Waltz

In almost every Any Town  America you point at, more and more of us are from somewhere other than here. Our allegiances, culture, and habits...