Saturday, May 12, 2018

Hannes and Siggy Have Yet To Be Heard From

I have a great deal of respect for any and all firearms. I served in the US Air Force for eight years and grasped the concept of weaponry and its applications very early on. There was never any need to know the text of the Second Amendment to the Constitution. 

Here it is in Thomas Jefferson's own handwriting.


Maybe joined together writing is a little hard to read and let's face it, that is a little faded after all this time. Let me help. "A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." 

Don't wish to get in the middle of any discussion (started to type "argument") over baring arms or arming bears but I think maybe we spend way too much time fixated on the clause following the comma after "a free state." 



And you can call me crazy but I'm also thinking Balew is not what TJ had in mind. 
-bill kenny

No comments:

Candles on the Cake Set off the Smoke Alarm

I got congratulated a lot Friday for my birthday when it was really my mom who deserved all the credit. I was, literally, along for the ride...