Sunday, May 20, 2018

I'd Be a Genius

Friday night I had a nightmare instead of sleeping. I have no idea where I was, but I was with the younger of my two brothers and it felt like South America, one of the many places I've never been.

I have no idea why I am so certain of the location, but I am. We were attempting to rescue his older sister, and my youngest sister though from what I also do not know. I do know I awakened on more than once in the course of the dream, soaked in panic sweat and walked around our apartment in the dark until I had calmed down.

The original 'you can me call me Al.'
When I came back to bed I immediately fell asleep again and the nightmare picked up where it left off. It may have lasted seconds but they felt like hours. When I finally got up for the day shortly before six on a grey Saturday morning I seriously considered calling my brother to make sure he and our sister were okay. 

And then when I thought about what I would tell him when he asked about my concern, I decided to let sleeping dogs lie, and hoped all they were telling me were lies in the first place.
-bill kenny

      

No comments:

Pack Your Own Chute

I have been pretty much a homebody since retirement six years ago. Sue me. I like to sleep in my own bed. That doesn't mean I'm aver...