Saturday, May 5, 2018

Yet More New Normal

We have ourselves quite a situation, My Fellow American, and while I tell myself my hands are clean I have to admit my heart is troubled and my conscience is not returning my calls. 

A not inconsiderable number of us were so angry (actually inchoate with rage)  at women, persons of color, people whose gender and/or gender preference were different from their own, those whose religious beliefs were "wrong" and/or "unAmerican," foreigners who stole their jobs, and "them" in general that in November 2016 they backened the circle, pulled the lever and made their X in the block labeled FUKKIT and FUKKYOU and elected the most singularly unqualified human being in the history of our species to be the President of the United States of America. 



Donald J. Trump. A creature whose sole talent seems to be self-aggrandizement resulting in self-enrichment on a scale and scope never before seen in American political life. A man who incites and inspires the basest of instincts to include hate, intolerance, and greed, acting as a shitball magnet to attract scumbags to his cause, eager to do his bidding, whatever that may be. 

As of Tuesday, this is a count of how often he has lied, not misspoke, not misremembered, not conflated, but flat out lied and we have allowed, enabled and in some cases (looking at you Slimeball Hannity) encouraged him to do it and just shrugged. I'm not even going to mention or think any more about Roberet Mueller's investigation into Putin's Russia meddling because for me, we did this to ourselves. 



The great thing about being a cynic is I can only be surprised and never disappointed. Proving my point yet again: I suspect a hiccup earlier this week on cable TV news will change little to nothing for those who look at the Mango Mussolini and smile to themselves while adjusting thie MAGA ballcaps that they had to buy because while Pantload 45 is a sumabich, he's their sumabich.           

Earlier this week on Slimeball Hannity's Faux Gnus' Really Big Show, another of Trump's 'best people,' the fellow serial philander and former mayor of New York City, Rudy Guiliani, explained somewhat pedantically how both Trump, his current client (as Rudy is on Trump's legal team), and Michael Cohen, Trump's purported fixer attorney and cell phone mogul, lied at every turn about the dollars that bribed an 'adult film actress' about a 'relationship' she and Trump had years earlier. 



The feces very nearly ended up hitting the ventilator about three weeks before the 2016 election but thank God, In Cash We Trust saved the day. For those keeping track at home this is just the latest misadventure from Cadet Bone Spurs and The Greedy Bastard Aggrieved White Men who are the Trump Administration.  

His challenge to us every morning, usually tweeted, comes down to 'who are you gonna believe, me or your own eyes and ears?" That's an easy answer for too many people who continue to claim (somehow) to love our country and yet also hate very nearly every one who is in it. 

Trump is the answer to their every prayer, be they evangelical, atheist or agnostic. And after awhile, you just stop noticing the strange which may be just as well since we have chosen to be powerless to stop it. Every day the occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue proves yet again that when you lie down with dogs you get up with fleas.         
-bill kenny

No comments:

Pack Your Own Chute

I have been pretty much a homebody since retirement six years ago. Sue me. I like to sleep in my own bed. That doesn't mean I'm aver...