Tuesday, December 10, 2019

A. N. Palmer Died for Someone's Sins

I came across a news story that will probably not evoke a lot of happy school-day memories from my left-handed siblings (who have an under-handed sibling in me). 

Cursive writing is making a comeback (exclamation points sold separately at fine stores everywhere), most recently in The Garden State (I'm imagining 'fuhgeddaboudit' in script; maybe something like Fuhgeddaboudit). Not sure how Tony Soprano would feel about that.


I will confess that I did NOT know teaching cursive penmanship had been disappearing from classrooms across the country from years (based on recent experiences I assumed it had been outlawed in medical schools), but now, it's on the comeback trail. 

I'm thinking we should start to watch the police logs in the coming months to see if there's an upward trend in illegible hold-up notes.


-bill kenny

No comments:

Yom Hashoah

Words are real only in an intellectual sense. They are not material of any kind and as such have no shape, size, mass, or structure. As kids...