Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Let's Let Bygones Be Forgotten

The trials and travails of 2019 will be over in a matter of hours, and in some spots on this orb, the first day of the next year of the third decade of the twenty-first century as already begun, so forgive me if I encourage you to linger for a moment in the Here and Now, not to look at where we were this time last year and where we are today, but to simply celebrate today and tonight for what it is and who we are. 

What we lose in any given year, I'm told, is balanced by what we gain, though hand on my heart I'm not sure how much of that math I accept. But here we are, in the dying of the light with dreams undreamt and schemes that never came to fruition as the calendar runs down and finally out. 

Tomorrow, we'll start again.  
After all, it's the same procedure as every year, James. Hurrah! Wir leben noch.
-bill kenny

2 comments:

Adam Kenny said...

Happy New Year!

William Kenny said...

And to you and yours as well, Pop-Pop!

Yom Hashoah

Words are real only in an intellectual sense. They are not material of any kind and as such have no shape, size, mass, or structure. As kids...