Sunday, February 28, 2021

Not a Moment Too Soon

I realize talking (or typing) about it can jinx it (Shanty Irish, always) but maybe, just maybe, the worst of winter in the Northeast is over (though so far, I, for one, can't really complain though I still shall) not just because the sun is up longer and starts out earlier, just a little bit, but because today is the first spring training baseball game of 2021. 

Thank goodness! 


Taking nothing away from any level of ice hockey and pro or college (men's and women's) basketball (I root for the UCONN women every NCAA tournament and am so spoiled I'm disappointed when they don't win it all) and something that just started to pop up on sports TV stations, the World Axe Throwing League (they had me at (all caps) "AXE THROWING IS ALSO PERFECT FOR GROUP EVENTS OR JUST A NIGHT OUT!"), it's (finally) time for baseball.

And not a moment too soon.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Short, Sweet, and Sad

Not gonna lie. I missed it and I'll bet you missed it, too.  I'm talking about the recently concluded Texas Sandfest .  As a kid who...