Saturday, February 27, 2021

Vacci-Nation

The Biden Administration's goal is to have at least 100 million COVID vaccine shots in American arms in the first one hundred days of his administration, regardless of which type is offered.  

I was still a toddler when my mom and dad, living in Electchester in Flushing (Queens) in New York City (thanks to my Mom's dad, Jim) were offered an opportunity for me to receive Dr, Jonas Salk's polio immunization in what was then its earliest days of deployment. Polio was the most terrifying disease you may have never heard of and Salk's vaccine is why. 

I received the inoculation; a child in the next apartment didn't because her parents were afraid of the unknown. She ended up with polio. 

Here we are a lifetime later and an internet universe of social media filled with amateur virologists and epidemiologists who not only know everything about COVID vaccinations but everything better. Pay them no mind and trust the science.  

Very nearly all my loved ones have been vaccinated already and on Tuesday my bride and I will travel about halfway across the state to receive our first of two vaccination shots. There are a million ways to say I love you and getting a Fauci Ouchy is one of the best right now.
-bill kenny   

No comments:

Candles on the Cake Set off the Smoke Alarm

I got congratulated a lot Friday for my birthday when it was really my mom who deserved all the credit. I was, literally, along for the ride...