Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Arm like a Cannon

Pitchers and catchers report for Major League Baseball spring training camp today for the Baltimore Orioles. As a life-long (so far) New York Yankees fan, I detest the Baltimore Orioles because I actively dislike their owner whom I've never met and who is probably a pretty decent guy but he doesn't own the Yankees so I don't like him. But I digress. 

Tomorrow, pitchers and catchers for both the Los Angeles (at Anaheim) Angels and the New York Mets report followed on Thursday by the Minnesota Twins, but the Orioles are, in this Year Two of COVID-19, my first Robin of Spring. 

While I'm hoping for a full and safe Major League Baseball season with players on their homefields in front of actual fans, I'll take what I can get. And before any of us fall in love with some of the high priced pitching talent acquired over the off-season for what might be the GNP of some Third World nation or a hard-throwing rookie coming out of nowhere and stepping off the bus from Kenosha, ask yourself this, no matter who we're talking about 'Is he faster than a Supersonic Baseball Cannon?' 

Yeah. I didn't think so.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Candles on the Cake Set off the Smoke Alarm

I got congratulated a lot Friday for my birthday when it was really my mom who deserved all the credit. I was, literally, along for the ride...