Saturday, February 6, 2021

Truth Decay

When we were kids, we'd hear (and say) 'sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.' It would appear, based on headlines I've perused in recent days that a company named Smartmatic would like a second opinion on that cliche and the amount of injury it suffered at the hands and more especially the mouths of Fox News. 

Nothing says 'we're sorry' like 2.7 billion dollars.

I defer to my brother, Adam, on the legal merits of what's been filed but I skimmed it and found it to be gripping. Truth to tell they had me at the start of their introduction,  "The Earth is round. Two plus two equals four. Joe Biden and Kamala Harris won the 2020 election for President and Vice President of the United States. The election was not stolen, rigged, or fixed. These are facts. They are demonstrable and irrefutable..." 

Cynic that I am, it confirms my belief that Fox News was a nest of lies and reaffirms the present tense of the verb as used earlier in this sentence.
-bill kenny

 

No comments:

Candles on the Cake Set off the Smoke Alarm

I got congratulated a lot Friday for my birthday when it was really my mom who deserved all the credit. I was, literally, along for the ride...