Saturday, February 20, 2021

Alan Eats Here

Pink Floyd made Alan Styles (no relation to Harry)  semi-famous decades ago and still (to my knowledge) he never ended up with a breakfast entree named for himself, proving that fame can be both cruel and fleeting. 

I love going to places, joints, really, where you can get breakfast any time of the day. A lot of places I've frequented in my life, I suspect, the only meal they did a decent job on would have been breakfast. 

One of the great things about social media is being able to look at slices of life from elsewhere but most especially places you have not yet, nor ever, been. I just checked  Google Maps and it would be close to a drive all night situation for me to ever enjoy dining in a Waffle House, but I don't have to imagine the tunes I'd listen to while on the way there.  Road trip, anyone?  
-bill kenny

No comments:

Candles on the Cake Set off the Smoke Alarm

I got congratulated a lot Friday for my birthday when it was really my mom who deserved all the credit. I was, literally, along for the ride...