Thursday, February 4, 2021

Cookie Monster Endorsed

This is the time of year when in decades past the card tables were set up outside grocery stores and young women and little girls in brown and green stand politely and patiently waiting for you (in this case, me) to decide how many boxes of Trefoils (or Samoas or Do-Si-Dos) can be purchased for personal, immediate, and gluttonous consumption without looking like the gourmand that you, or at least, I, truly am. 

I like to think of it as the Second Most Wonderful Time of the Year. And, in support of that point, I'd add that the only thing more marvelous than Girl Scout Cookies are MORE Girl Scout cookies. There, I said it (while typing it). AmIRite?

As happened last year, COVID-19 and the precautions to combat it are changing how we'll be again supporting the biggest fundraiser the Girl Scouts have all year but, and it's just a thought from someone admittedly not known for doing a lot it, if you have a hankering for Girl Scout cookies and don't have a local troop to support, please think about buying them from Troop 6000, which is entirely made up of girls from homeless shelters in New York City.

Read the story behind the troop

If you've scrolled down to here waiting on a funny or a quip to close this out, sorry. I'm thinking about how many boxes of Trefoils I can claim with a straight face to my wife are an investment, knowing she has a much smaller number in mind. Buy the cookies, help the kids.
-bill kenny



No comments:

Candles on the Cake Set off the Smoke Alarm

I got congratulated a lot Friday for my birthday when it was really my mom who deserved all the credit. I was, literally, along for the ride...