Tuesday, March 16, 2021

"Distracted by Bad Boys and Good Dope"

A year plus into this Corona 500 or whatever NASCAR event this actually is, I'm getting a little worn and frayed around the edges. Not helping is a resumption, not a return, of winter with both unkind temperatures and winds that scream more than mutter.  

Here's a photo I grabbed the other day while out walking on what proved to be a true start to our False Spring, not that I am having any hard feelings about it (as they would change nothing if I were). 

I like the hint of red on the very tips of the tree's branches and tell myself it means buds are preparing for what's to come and that I should do likewise. If I say it forcefully enough aloud maybe it will come true. 

Maybe.

Anyway, here's a quote from someone I enjoy in small doses and I hope you will too.

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?'
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so other people won't feel insecure around you."

Just a reminder for today, be an exclamation and NOT an explanation.

-bill kenny

No comments:

Pack Your Own Chute

I have been pretty much a homebody since retirement six years ago. Sue me. I like to sleep in my own bed. That doesn't mean I'm aver...