Monday, March 29, 2021

The Time Has Come for Changes

As a nation, we celebrate rugged individualism and take any and every manifestation of weakness as an admission or harbinger of failure. We tell ourselves we need to sink or swim on our merits and while Jesus died for someone's sins, it most certainly wasn't me, Lord. 

We are again at the intersection of an absence of effective and sufficient mental health care and a surfeit of guns of all kinds, calibers, and descriptions. The inevitable conclusion when the two collide always seems to surprise us. 

2017.

2018

2019.

2020 *
(*Pandemic shortened hunting season, apparently)

2021.

Tell me I'm wrong, but bring receipts: when the gun violence is perpetrated by a Muslim, we are told to hate the religion; when a perpetrator is a person of color, we are directed to blame the race but when the shooter is white, we're told he had a bad day.

Fuck Thoughts and Prayers; we'd be better off with Tots & Pears. 

For those clamoring to 'fix the problem!' Don't you get it? WE are the problem.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Candles on the Cake Set off the Smoke Alarm

I got congratulated a lot Friday for my birthday when it was really my mom who deserved all the credit. I was, literally, along for the ride...