Saturday, September 24, 2022

Photographs and Memories

My dad passed away over forty years ago but when I see him in my mind's eye, I see him as he was the last time I saw him, not as we both are now, four decades on.

 All of us are like that, I think, and I've done no research as to whether any other species are similar or dissimilar in that respect. 

I mention this because I fell over a fascinating article about a photographer who combines his craft with Artificial Intelligence to produce contemporary images of deceased cultural icons. He calls them As If Nothing Happened

I think as you'd agree, they are achingly beautiful, absolutely amazing, and very nearly real.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Marlin Perkins Approved

John Lennon had a hit, post-Beatles, with Whatever Gets You Through the Night , his only #1 as a solo artist, which featured Elton John. The...