Friday, September 23, 2022

Wouldn't Make It to Bandstand

I grew up on and with Amerian Bandstand and its Rate a Record. It had to have a good beat you could dance to but more importantly, the song had to be one your girlfriend liked.  

This brings us, all these years on, to the just-released and breathlessly-awaited (by someone I suppose) anthem of the United States Space Force, Semper Supra.

Umm. To be honest, "From the Halls of Montezuma," it's not. Full disclosure, as a veteran of the United States Air Force, a 'zoomie' to my other uniformed brethren, I will concede that "Off We Go" has my perhaps least favorite lyric of any military anthem or hymn, 'we live in fame or go down in flame.'  Perhaps, with time, Semper Supra will grow on me (sed cogito non tantum).

Psssst. Tell Georgia Congressperson Margarine Trailerpark Greed that this is the alternate version. She'll thank you for it. Perhaps.
-bill kenny.

 

No comments:

Ruminating about Roosevelt

I have some random and not especially original observations before Monday night’s Second Public Hearing on the City Budget.  Theodore Roosev...