Thursday, June 15, 2023

Not Quite Under Milkwood

Every morning's awakening establishes for me a new personal best of 'most days lived on earth so far.' In light of who I am and how I've lived most of my life that I've put 7-1 years on the board is more of a miracle than a vexation. 

Quite frankly there are more days than I'm comfortable admitting where I look at the face in the mirror that's staring back at me and wonder who the hell is that guy and whatever happened to Bill. And all I know is if that's what I look like on the outside, I don't want to know what I look like on the inside.

I've read about people who strive to grow old gracefully; I have no idea what that means. It's like the folks who encourage me to 'act your age' and I stare at them blankly because huh? Then you have Bryan Johnson who, based on this article, will be dragged kicking and screaming into middle age.  

I usually respond to folks with extreme beliefs with a smile and a nod while backing away from them speedily but without arousing suspicion, except, Bryan is well beyond all of that. I'd shake my head in disbelief but then the little marble inside makes so much noise that other people stare. And I still can't figure out what Bryan is trying to accomplish.  
-bill kenny

No comments:

Marlin Perkins Approved

John Lennon had a hit, post-Beatles, with Whatever Gets You Through the Night , his only #1 as a solo artist, which featured Elton John. The...