Monday, June 12, 2023

Eye of the Beholder

Maybe just me but sitting with my toes in the sand of a beach, any beach anywhere along the Jersey Shore, is my idea of beauty. Yes, you can add an umbrella and sunscreen, and in most cases, a swimsuit of some kind, and others would be more likely to agree with me. 

My larger point, hence the perpetual ballcaps making it harder to see, is that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and if you've ever been or taken a child to the beach and left them alone with a spade and bucket and sand as far as the eye can see, you've been treated to some pretty ambitious creativity, I'd wager.

However. I'm also willing to bet in our discussion of beauty, Justin Bateman gets at the very least an honorable mention. 

Reminding me yet again that the purpose of art is to conceal art.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Marlin Perkins Approved

John Lennon had a hit, post-Beatles, with Whatever Gets You Through the Night , his only #1 as a solo artist, which featured Elton John. The...