Thursday, June 8, 2023

Twain Nailed It

I do not play golf, but to compensate I also do not watch it on television even though it has its own channel. Some days I question if golf is actually a sport, unlike bowling which I always pretend to believe is a sport even though you can eat wings and nachos and drink beer while sporting. 

I've always wondered what's the matter with all the other sports and how come they don't get with the program and add food and beverages. 

But I digress. 

I was aware the Saudis had created their own golf thing, Association? Consortium? League? bone-saw, okay not that one, and that there was a furious and ferocious rivalry between it and the Professional Golfers Association, PGA (the amateurs have their own association I guess). But no more

Just one big happy ending, it seems. Organizational note: after the merger is finalized the PGA will control holes 1-8 and 12-18 while the Saudis do 9-11.  

When you abandon your principles for money, guess what? They weren't really your principles; they were your costume. 
-bill kenny

No comments:

Marlin Perkins Approved

John Lennon had a hit, post-Beatles, with Whatever Gets You Through the Night , his only #1 as a solo artist, which featured Elton John. The...