Thursday, June 22, 2023

Where's the T-Bird?

Since we are now officially in the 'sun and fun' portion of the calendar, I'm saddened to discover that my state, Connecticut, doesn't rank really well on the Large Fun-o-Meter. 

Yeah, I'm still having trouble with the framing of 'my state, Connecticut' in the previous sentence. Once a Jersey Guy always a Jersey Guy but let us move on, shall we?

According to Wallethub, California is the most fun to visit and Mississippi is the least fun. I especially enjoy the way they break down the fun into "Entertainment & Recreation," and "Nightlife." 

Connecticut finishes 43rd with a total score of 25.34 while New Jersey comes in at 37th, with 31.58. I love when folks get all mathy like that, although I'm not sure how you can stand on the boardwalk anywhere from Asbury Park to Belmar (and you thought I wasn't paying attention, Adam) at night and still rank it at 34th of 50 states.

My heart goes out to you if you're a nightlife devotee in New Hampshire knowing that your quest will not be crowned by success if the magazine's scores are any indication.

I don't put a lot of stock in other people's grades for fun since I'm a firm believer that you make your own, and this is just the time of year to make as much as you can.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Marlin Perkins Approved

John Lennon had a hit, post-Beatles, with Whatever Gets You Through the Night , his only #1 as a solo artist, which featured Elton John. The...