Friday, April 26, 2013

If You Can't Laugh then Smile

I am sixty-one years old today. At some point I will call my mother to thank her as she is infinitely more important in this process than was I. My father passed away many years ago but he's the denominator to the fractional transaction that is I.

I am more than the sum of my parents-I am the sum of everyone I've ever met, so if you are in that number, thank you and if not (yet) I hope you'll be a good sport should our paths cross.

"I was born in '67 (not really), the year of Sgt. Pepper and Are You Experienced.
Into a suburb of heaven, yeah it should've been forever. It all seemed to make so much sense. But after a while you realize time flies. And the best thing that you can do is take whatever comes to you. 'Cuz time flies.

She said luck is what you make it; you just reach out and take it. Now let's dance a while. She said nothing ever happens if you don't make it happen. And if you can't laugh, then smile. But after a while you realize time flies. And the best thing that you can do is take whatever comes to you. 'Cuz time flies.

And laughing in the summer showers that's still the way I see you now.

How does time break down with no marker, things slow down. A conference of the strange and your family is deranged. I could tell you what I'm thinking while we sit here drinking, but I'm not sure where to start. You see, there's something wrong here. I'm sorry if I'm not clear. Can you stop smoking your cigar?

And the coat you wore to Alton Towers is still the way I see you now."
-bill kenny

No comments:

Kyrie Eleison

Today marks the start of my seventy-second revolution around the sun. To be honest, there were times this past year when I didn't think ...