Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Good Is Oft Interred

Starting today, I’m gonna start to be a lot nicer to my wife and children because I now have a greater appreciation for the power of having the last word. Wow. Talk about Joan Crawfordesque. Not a lot that’s unknown about that fire’s origin. I may have to get up even earlier to fill in that hole the size of the Grand Canyon I must’ve dug by now.

I’ll make it a point to avoid my brothers and sisters since I have a lifetime of ‘boss in charge of the dog’ and other remarks to atone for, though for K, J &A on the far end of the chronology, I’m hoping more for a ‘which one was he again?’ reaction. That may be as close to forgiveness as West Virginia is to heaven in my case, I suppose.

It’s an amazing obituary and I would hope each of us should and could be inspired by it to attempt to both do better and be better. As for me, I’m doing what I can with what I have. I’m brushing and flossing more so, if nothing else, people remember my diamond smile.   
-bill kenny

No comments:

A Childhood Memory

As a child at Saint Peter's (sic) School in New Brunswick, New Jersey, it was forcibly impressed upon us by the Sisters of Charity whose...