Monday, January 4, 2021

Don't Believe Everything You Think

I've never been known for my thinking. I try to avoid it most of the time especially when I'm going to speak because I like to be as surprised as the person listening to me. And for the most part, it's worked out because we're a species of reluctant thinkers. 

And, if you're like me, you know when you encounter someone who thinks before he/she acts because the hairs on the back of my neck stand up a little bit and I sort of look at that person with a side-glance while wondering what their problem is. It's usually us, but I digress. 

So much of what we think is driven by what we see, or better phrased, what we think we see. You'll want to bookmark this link and come back to it in dribs and drabs because not even I, William the Wastrel (that was almost my gang name or would have been if had I been in one), can devote two-plus hours in one sitting to view it, though I'd probably be a better person for it if I did. But what would be the fun of that, right?   
-bill kenny

No comments:

Man or Mouse?

We see ourselves as the self-anointed 'Crown of Creation.' I'm surprised more of us don't have dislocated shoulders from pat...