Saturday, January 16, 2021

You're Like a Bird that Will Not Be

The problem with childhood when you are a young child in a family with older children I once read is that your growing up seems to be like having had too much to drink. Everyone else remembers your awkward and embarrassing moments better than you. Imagine my tactical advantage as the eldest of my tribe.

Let me demonstrate (and this will work a LOT better if you know one of my brothers or sisters). Today is our sister Jill's birthday.

I'll offer but two words: goody bags. Otherwise, my lips are sealed, but my seals have lips.
Enough.

Happy birthday, Jill. With many, many more to follow.
-bill

No comments:

Man or Mouse?

We see ourselves as the self-anointed 'Crown of Creation.' I'm surprised more of us don't have dislocated shoulders from pat...