Sunday, June 5, 2022

Bagel Seeds by Another Name

I usually (quite often to be honest) have dry cereal for breakfast. Many people call it 'cold cereal' as opposed to oatmeal which is hot I guess though because it has the consistency of wallpaper paste I've never been tempted to try it. Ever.

I don't put milk on my dry cereal. Tangent alert: I worked for a fellow in Germany who earlier in his career had worked for an ad agency in Frankfurt am Main who landed the Kellogg's Corn Flakes account and discovered their biggest challenge was in getting German families in the middle part of the 1950s to STOP putting orange juice on the cereal and instead use milk. I have no idea if the story is true but then I came across this and now I don't know what to think.

Anyway. I don't eat a large variety/assortment of cereals, mostly Cheerios (not the chocolate ones), and Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Cheerios, their box says, is good for me. Some people say 'tell it to the marines,' others, like me, say tell me more. Fair enough

I'm seventy with enough medical maladies to fill up three people's charts. I always measure twice before even thinking about cutting once and will take very seriously the perspective of Joe Jackson until I shuffle off this mortal coil.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Somewhere Santayana Grimaces

Do you know what a bellend is? See? Learn something new every day. Here's someone who is a perfect representation of both definitions, ...