Thursday, June 30, 2022

The Rub

I spent decades getting up at three in the morning to go to work. No one, aside from myself, made me do that. I retired four years ago today and no matter how late I stay up (realizing that at seventy 'late' is a relative term), I cannot sleep in after seven or so in the morning. 

It's not the dreams or lack of them that leads me to awaken. It's just who I am. And as much as I admire clock radios et al that have snooze buttons, I have no idea of how to use them to say nothing of why. 

I'm beyond a Carpe Diem kind of guy; I wanna grab the day by the throat and throttle it. 

The world goes on around us, eyes open or closed; so keep 'em open and on the prize.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Somewhere Santayana Grimaces

Do you know what a bellend is? See? Learn something new every day. Here's someone who is a perfect representation of both definitions, ...