Tuesday, June 28, 2022

But It's Darker than You Know

One of my favorite words in German is schadenfreude, rejoicing at the misfortune of others (my next favorite is muckefuck, which is dialect for terrible coffee though I like it more for what it sounds like than what it means). 

As bad as our lives may be at any given time, we can take solace that someone, somewhere has it worse than us. And that thought is more than comforting, it can be a source of delight. 

I've reached an age where I look at almost all of the news of the day as either distortion or distraction. And for MAGAts who argue the 6 January hearings are the latter in terms of 'the hordes of illegals storming the border' (at least on Fauz Gnus or metaphorically), funnily enough, I regard your assertion as a distraction. Just me or have you noticed that almost everything that follows the phrase, funnily enough, isn't actually or usually funny at all?

So our All News All the Time channels are actually All (or Mostly) Noise as part of our new Roman Empire with Gluten-free Bread and Animal-Cruelty-Free Circuses. Doubt me? Spend a day watching the wheels without getting caught under them and we'll compare notes.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Somewhere Santayana Grimaces

Do you know what a bellend is? See? Learn something new every day. Here's someone who is a perfect representation of both definitions, ...