Thursday, June 16, 2022

Stop Steering Your Life to Avoid Surprises

Being a grown-up is being consumed by lists and still not actually having any or enough of them.  It's much like planned spontaneity; simultaneously a goal and a contradiction. 

What follows is not mine though I wish I'd found it about fifty years ago when it might have done me some good.  As it is, maybe it'll do you some good and that would be a good start, sort of like starting The Wave at a ballpark when the home team is getting clobbered. 

And when you've gone through the list, check it again and pick a favorite. You will have a favorite, but you may not know that right away. 

Not that you asked but I have two favorites (my blog, my rules): "90% of everything is crap. If you think you don’t like opera, romance novels, TikTok, country music, vegan food, NFTs, keep trying to see if you can find the 10% that is not crap." And this one: "Don't believe everything you think you believe."
-bill kenny

No comments:

Somewhere Santayana Grimaces

Do you know what a bellend is? See? Learn something new every day. Here's someone who is a perfect representation of both definitions, ...