Sunday, June 12, 2022

Never Enough Doritos

Because it's not a BIG NEWS story, it's gotten buried and mocked (which is where I come in) but even though I'll drag out every Grateful Dead and Hawkwind joke I know, and more than a few that I don't yet know, we're really and truly at the dawning of the Age of Aquarius, complete with validated parking. 

Europe’s first psychedelic drug trial firm to open in London. Wow. And why not? I started using CBD oil some months ago to take the edge off my compressed spinal discs and to dampen the noise if not completely quiet my now worn-out knee replacements from early in the first decade of this century. 

Those are baby steps, I know, and in no way comparable to the ambitious journey that's about to start in the center of London this August and the possible relief to literally millions (and tens of millions) of people who suffer from an almost infinite number of medical maladies for whom successful treatment until now has been beyond elusive. 

So yeah, I'm gonna make Alice B. Toklas jokes because emotionally I'm still about seven years of age, but I'm getting excited to live at a moment where, if we don't kill each other in wars or through disease we could be on the threshold of a dream come true.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Somewhere Santayana Grimaces

Do you know what a bellend is? See? Learn something new every day. Here's someone who is a perfect representation of both definitions, ...